How do I create a Course?
Anyone with a Gooru account can create courses in Gooru. To create a new course, please login to Gooru and follow the steps below. (This feature is not available on the phone version of Gooru.)
1. Click on your username on the upper right corner.
2. Click on the Create button on the top navigation bar and select Course from the dropdown menu.
3. Enter your Course Title and click Add.
Editor Icon Reference Chart
4. To make any edits to course information, click on the Edit button to get started. Change the course cover image by clicking Update Thumbnail and select an an appropriate image from your computer. Edit the course title and add a short description. Select a grade category and subject for your course. Click Save to save all your changes.
5. On the Editor section, click on +Add New Unit or the + button to add a new unit. You may need to scroll down to see this section or click on the Editor tab on the top.
6. Enter a Unit Title, add Big Ideas and Essential Questions for your Unit, and click Save.
7. Click on the Unit Title bar or the + button to add a new lesson.
8. Enter your Lesson Title and click Save.
9. Congratulations! You have created your Course, Unit, Lesson shell. Next step is to add Collections or Assessments to your Course. Click on the Lesson title bar, then click on one of the green buttons to add a Collection or Assessment to your Lesson.
Did you find this article helpful?