Create a Gooru Account
Gooru is free to use and always will be. Signing up for an account is easy. You don’t need an account to search and browse for learning resources in the Gooru catalog, but you will need one to start building and saving collections, creating classrooms, and analyzing student progress.
Registering for an account on Gooru allows you to do the following:
- Create and assign formative assessments, tracking progress for their entire class on a real-time dashboard.
- Based on student performance, remix unique lessons and courses for students, using curated resources aligned to standards.
- Students study at their own pace using immediate feedback to navigate learning.
There are two ways to create a Gooru account:
- Sign up for a Gooru account with Google Single Sign-On. With Google sign-in, you won’t need to provide a password as Gooru uses your Google account credentials to authenticate you. Everytime you come back to Gooru, you will need to sign-in with your Google credentials.
- Create a new Gooru account with your email address and password.
Ready to sign up for a Gooru account? Click on the Sign Up button and follow the instructions to setup your account.
A Sample Walkthrough
This walkthrough provides a quick approach to sign up for an account, create a Gooru classroom, quick start a new course by remixing from Featured Courses, share with students, and monitor progress on the analytics dashboard.
1. Launch www.gooru.org and click on the Sign Up button on the upper right corner of the page.
2. Select Sign Up with Google if you already have a Google account, or sign up with your email address and enter some basic information to setup your account.
3. After selecting your Role as a “teacher,” you will be prompted to create a classroom. Enter a classroom name and click Create.
4. Click View Featured Courses to quick start a new Course by remixing.
5. Select the course you want to add and click Assign.
6. After assigning a course to your classroom, you will arrive at the Course Map page. From here, you can review and edit your course content. You can navigate to the Classroom Information page to edit or add announcements to your classroom. When your classroom is ready, share the Classroom Code with your students so they can join your Classroom.
7. After students have joined your classroom, you can monitor their progress in real-time using the Go Live view.
For more information on how to build your own courses, use the Go Live view, monitor student progress and many more functionalities in Gooru, check out the Gooru Step-by-Step topics.
Did you find this article helpful?