Quick tips for new teachers
The Learning Navigator is free to use and always will be. Signing up for an account is easy. You don’t need an account to search and browse for learning resources in the catalog, but you will need one to start building and saving collections, creating classrooms, and analyzing student progress.
Registering for an account allows teachers to do the following:
- Create and assign formative assessments, tracking progress for their entire class on a real-time dashboard.
- Based on student performance, remix unique lessons and courses for students, using curated resources aligned to standards.
- Students study at their own pace using immediate feedback to navigate learning.
1. Launch www.gooru.org and click on the Sign Up button on the upper right corner of the page.
2. There are two ways to create a Learning Navigator account:
A. Sign up for an account with Google Single Sign-On. With Google sign-in, you won’t need to provide a password as the Learning Navigator uses your Google account credentials to authenticate you. Every time you come back to the Learning Navigator, you will need to sign-in with your Google credentials.
B. Create a new account with your email address and password.
3.After selecting your Role as a “teacher,” you will be prompted to create a classroom. Enter a classroom name and click Create.
4. You will be taken to your classroom page.
5. Click on “View Featured Courses” to browse and remix the Learning Navigator’s educator-curated courses.
6. Select the course you want to add and click Assign.
6. After assigning the course to your classroom, you will arrive at the Course Map page. From here, you can review and edit your course content. You can navigate to the Class Management page to edit or add class information. When your classroom is ready, share the Classroom Code with your students so they can join your Classroom.7. After students have joined your classroom, you can monitor their progress in real-time using the Daily Class Activities.
For more information on how to build your own courses, use the Daily Class Activities, monitor student progress and many more functionalities in the Learning Navigator, check out the Navigator Step-by-Step topics.
Did you find this article helpful?