How do I create a Course?
Create a Course folder
Within the Course, create Units
Within the Unit, create Lessons
Within the Lesson, create Collections and/or Assessments
Within the Collection, create Resources and/or Questions
Within the Assessment, create Questions
Once the entire course is created, create a classroom and assign the newly created course to it.
To create a Course folder:
1. Click on your profile photo/username in the upper right corner to go to your profile.
3. Enter the Course Title > select a Category > click Create button.
4. In the Course Information section:
- Click Update Thumbnail and select an appropriate image from your computer. Click on the Trash Bin icon in the upper righthand corner of the thumbnail to delete the thumbnail.
- Edit the Course Title and add a Description.
- Update the Category.
- Select a Subject and Standard.
- Select who the Audience will be.
- Enter a Use Case.
- Click Save button up above.
To Create a Unit
1) Click on + Create New Unit or the + plus button to create a new unit.
- 2) In the Editor section:
- Enter a Unit Title, Big Ideas, Essential Questions.
- Add Domain(s) that the unit will cover > click Save button. You can create multiple Units as a Course can have many Units.
To create A Lesson
1. Click the Unit title, then click Create new Lesson, or click the + plus button.2. Enter a Lesson Title > click the Save button. You can create multiple Lessons as a Unit can have many Lessons.
To create a Collection
1. Click +New Collection.
2. Enter a Collection Title > click Create.
3. In the Collection Information section:
You can create multiple Collections as a Lesson can have many Collections and Assessments.
1. Click on +New Resource to add a resource, +New Question to add a question, or the + plus button to select creation of a resource or a question.
To create a Resource or Question within the Collection:
2A. To add a Resource:
1) Enter a Resource URL (ie. https://www.youtube.com).
2) Upload a file if needed.
3) Enter a Resource Title.
4) Choose a Resource Type (webpage, video, interactive, audio, image, or text).
5) Click Create.
You can create multiple Resources as a Collection can have many Resources and Questions.
2B. To add a Question:
Choose a Question Type (multiple choices, multiple answers, drag and drop, highlight text, true or false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple select-image, multiple select-text, or free response).
Click Create button.
In the Question Builder:
- Enter a Question title.
- Enter the assessment question.
- Add a Question Image.
- Add the answer options.
- Select the correct answer(s).
- Click Save button.
Congratulations, you created a Course that contains 1 Resource or Question within a Collection!
To create an Assessment:
1. Click +New Assessment.
2. Enter an Assessment Title > click Create.
3. In the Assessment Information section:
- Click Update Thumbnail and select an image from your computer to change the assessment cover image.
- Edit the Assessment Title if desired.
- Add Learning Objectives.
- Select a Category > select Subject and Framework > tag to Standards.
- Select Audience, Depth of Knowledge, and 21st Century Skills.
- Click Save button.
You can create multiple Assessments as a Lesson can have many Assessments and Collections.
To create a Question within an Assessment:
1. Click +New Question or the + plus sign.
2. Choose a Question Type (multiple choices, multiple answers, drag and drop, highlight text, true or false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple select-image, multiple select-text, or free response) > click Create button.
3. In the Question Builder:
Enter a Question title.
Enter the Assessment question.
Add a Question Image.
Add the answer options.
Select the correct answer(s).
Click Save button.
You can create multiple Questions as an Assessment can have many Questions.
Congratulations, you created a Course that has 1 Resource within the Collection and 1 Question within the Assessment!
Please see “What kinds of questions can I create?” support article on how to create different types of questions. Here is a sample assessment with 6 questions.
In the Settings section, if you would like to share the course with others, make the course visible by toggling the Profile Visibility Setting to On.
Congratulations, you have created a Course that contains 1 Unit, 1 Lesson, a Resource or Question within a Collection, and 1 Question within an Assessment! Now create a classroom, assign the Course to the classroom, then invite your students to join your class.
Did you find this article helpful?