What is an assessment and how do I create one?
An assessment is a set of scored questions, which you and your students can use to monitor understanding and performance. Use a variety of question types (including several based on the SBAC) in your assessment so students can demonstrate understanding in different ways.
1. Click on your username in the upper right corner to go to your profile.
2. Click on the Create dropdown on top navigation bar > select Assessment.
3. Enter an Assessment Title > click Create button.
4. Click on the Edit button to change any assessment information.
Click Update Thumbnail and select an image from your computer to change the collection cover image.
Edit the Assessment Title
Add Learning Objectives
Select a Category > select Subject and Framework > tag to Standards
Select Audience, Depth of Knowledge, and 21st Century Skills
Click Save button
5. On the Editor section, click on +New Question or the + plus button. You may need to scroll down to see this section or click on the Editor tab in the black panel.
6. To add a Question:
- Choose a Question Type (multiple choices, multiple answers, drag and drop, highlight text, true or false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple select-image, multiple select-text, or free response)
- Click Create button
- You will arrive at the Question Builder. Continue to build out your question.
Use the icon definition chart below to help you navigate around the editor.
7. In the Settings section, you can do the following:
- Navigation: set switch to On if you allow students to navigate backwards to change their responses and skip around on the assessment. Set switch to Off if you would like students to navigate forward only, answering one question at a time.
- View Whether Answer is correct: select when you would like students to see if they answered the question correctly - per question and at the end of the assessment, only at the end of the assessment, or never have the ability to see if they answered the questions correctly.
- Answer Key: set switch to On if you allow students to view the answer key after they take the assessment. Set switch to Off if you do not allow students to see the answer key.
- Attempts: select the number of times you allow students to take the assessment - from 1 to 9 attempts or unlimited number of times.
- Profile Visibility: set the switch to On to make this assessment visible to others who visit your profile library. Set it to Off to keep this assessment private and only visible to you.
Did you find this article helpful?